Tuesday, June 30, 2009

3rd Challenge: Entry Way




I apologize everyone, I thought this was posted & it didn't go through. I love technology. So yesterday our Challenge was to clean and declutter our Entryway. The reasons we do this is because it makes your house look welcoming, it also kind of sets the "tone" if your Entryway had shoes laying all over the place and book bags... people are more then likely going to think "sloppy or messy" I do.




Some people have a "shoe rack" at their entryway for people to place their shoes. We do not, you can do whatever works best for you. Our rule is if they aren't on your feet, then they should be in your closet. We're still working on getting them from our feet to the closet, but we remind each other and I am convinced this is going to get better. When it is muddy or raining they go in the garage :).




Now on to how I make ours work for us:


For starters the biggest thing is our entryway table. I couldn't live w/o this anymore. On the top we have a little dish, that Kiley made in art we decided to place that on the top and make that our "key dish". I use to lose my keys ALL the time. This has really cut down on that happening. The drawer is where I put coupons to give to other friends that clip coupons, that way they are out of the way and I know where they are! The bottom shelf on the right is where the kids library books go. We go to the library every week and this prevents the library books from getting mixed up with our personal books. The other 1/2 of the bottom shelf is where I put things that need to "go" somewhere. For instance in this picture there is a Girl Scout book, I need to give back to one of the mom's when she comes over and also a CD that I need to take up to our church. So when I go that way, I can grab it! I also have things I save for family or things people leave here. You can see my dad's eyeglass case, well there it is, when he is back here or I am there he can get it. There is also a coupon for my mom's cat Ella for Cat Food! Plus all those Pampered Chef catalogs for my friend Pam, because I no longer need them!


You can also see my pretty flowers, from Melissa's wedding on Saturday. They still smell wonderful.




Next to the table there is a crock, my Grandma gave it to me, it sat there and had no real purpose so I decided to make that the spot our newspapers go. If they are wet, they can go in there still and it doesn't hurt anything or drip water all over my clean floor.




The rug is there for looks and to prevent again... water from getting all over my clean floors. :)




I will post my pictures from my entryway, I hope you all will email me your before & after pictures. You can email them to me at hanff06@centurytel.net I will post all the mom's pictures and if you don't want to send them in that is fine too. You can still do the challenge.




I will post another one for today, later on when I am finished working.

No comments:

Post a Comment