Thursday, June 25, 2009

Budget OR Bust

So we officially have out budget made out throught July. We're learning this all in our Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University class. It's tought to make a budget, you think you have everything on there but I know something else will come up. Dave says it takes about 3 months to get a good budget down, if that holds true for us we should have a good one in place by the beginning on November! Seems that is a long way off however... I know it will be here before we know it. We're also going to a "cash" system as of Friday. The way this will work is we will take cash out of my checks/his checks and then keep that cash in a sorter for coupons. We will then have each tab labeled and know what the cash in each individual spot is for. So we have $150 for groceries once it is gone... it is gone. This has me nervous but I can tell that during this will actually save us a lot of money. You don't have the moolah you can't buy it.

I will keep everyone posted on how we are doing on our FPU journey. No challenges the rest of the week, I am preparing for my girlfriend Melissa's wedding and I have lots I need to personally get done. Not to mention homework for class and getting a few of our other "forms" for class figured out.

One other thing we have to do is a "Debt Snowball" this works when you take your lowest bill pay it off and then you put that monthly payment towards the next, so you can get things paid of much faster! I can't wait to put down eveything we owe and then everything we can pay off. I am excited to see that happen.

Keep everyone posted, if your behind in the challenges work on those the rest of the week and I will get a new challenge up soon....

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment