Friday, June 12, 2009

Welcome to my page...it's a work in progress!

So once upon a time I was a “normal mom” who worked a “normal job” outside of our home, however in 2005 I had a change in my job and the decision was made that with our daughter starting Kindergarten that fall I would stay at home and watch children (running a in home daycare). I realized you don’t have the option of choosing how they are parented outside of your care, and about a year into it my former boss contacted me about working from home. I would be making more money then I originally did working for him & I was good at what I did before so I took the opportunity. I quite quickly learned that when you “work from home” there are no boundaries. What I mean by that is when you’re at work you may think about doing the laundry… but you can’t because you are… at work. Well, when you work from home and remember something that needs to be done… you just get up and do it. Well that affected my work plus I was trying to plan a wedding and I knew after we got married we wanted more children. So, I decided that I had to get a system that would keep me organized, get my job done but also make time for my kids & hubby oh and we can’t forget about the housework. Heavens knows we don’t have a maid although on some days I wish we did!

Over the years my schedule has been tweaked here and there and I know it will continue to change because life changes. It changed when our daughter started school and I discovered we had to have a routine for home work and something to prevent her book bag from cluttering the entry way so someone wouldn’t break their neck. It changed after we had complications from my second pregnancy and I wasn’t “allowed” to leave my bed, for well over two months and for the time I was in the hospital trying to keep him from coming early! It changed again after our little guy arrived, and it changed when I increased my work hours and as our daughter got older and could do more for herself. It constantly changes… and that is ok. As long as you have a schedule and a system that works for you that is all that matters.

This is just my thoughts my ideas. I did this because I have heard several times “How do you do it all?” Well I couldn’t do any of it with out the system I have put together for our family it keeps me on track and it has turned into a routine. I will share some of my ideas what are “must do’s” right from the start & later on we will do a challenge and get your house decluttered that is where I started! I was looking around online and found many helpful sights; I took things from all of them to create what worked for me and our family. As you see things I do some may work great for you and others may need some tweaking & that is ok. The point is just to get a system to get rid of clutter, organize your home and waste less time for you so you can spend more time doing what you love to do and with the people you care the most about….

Now I do love to organize and I believe the saying “There is a place for everything ~ and everything in its place” but there is other things I want to talk about on here too. Things I love & sometimes just things I want to share with others! Glad you found my page and I hope you enjoy what you read and learn. Stay tuned!

2 comments: