Sunday, July 12, 2009

Kiddo's Room

I got up early this morning and finished Evan's room before church. I started it yesterday but we had such a busy day I didn't get to finish it.



Yesterday I went through his clothes, closet & dresser got rid of the ones that no longer fit him and got the rest that are left looking nice & organizer. Straightened up his toys in his closet & books. I found a cute little old rustic wooden crate, that goes perfect with his room. So I took that and I stuck all of his books in there! I love it, they are perfect height for him to get one out and sit & read, plus it keeps them all in one area.



Then this morning I got up, emptied his toy box... where did he get all of this stuff?? Then decided to organize and declutter all of that. Lots of toys that weren't in his age range anymore. I put those in the basement (I tell you when I go to declutter and organize all of that it is going to take me a VERY long time!) but anyways... I put those toys in the basement for when/if we have another baby. No point getting rid of them just yet! I put all of his trucks, little people in a really nice metal organizing shelf we had his books in prior to the wooden crate. Then I put all of his bigger things and put them back in the toys box. I put some toys up in the closet, you know the ones with millions of pieces. Figured we could get those out here & there for special times, just like with his craft stuff and crayons and markers. To many little pieces to loose.... plus it is something different to play with.



This is all we have left to do upstairs:

Laundry Room & Stockpile pantry (I was hoping to wait to start this until Brad had the doghouse built because currently there is no where to go with the stuff until we get the puppy dogs crates out of there!)

Hall Bath

Desk Area (in our room currently until the basement is done)

Out Bathroom

Our Room

Our Closet

Kiley's Room



However... everything EXCEPT the laundry room is waiting on the basement to get done. But, I personally want Kiley in her new room and settled before school starts. So, I told Brad we would go ahead and primer & paint her new room (which is currently our room) and then move in all of her stuff and get her settled & until the basement is done we will be in her room or in the basement... which isn't quite finished!



Just the same... it all (including the basement being decluttered and organized) MUST be done by July 31st. We have the garage sale then and I want to unload as much as possible and you never know we make some money in the process!



Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend too. Happy Cleaning??

I hope to hear from more people on the blog, I have a lot telling me things on Facebook and on Chocolate Soup!



Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment