Saturday, July 11, 2009

~Homemade Laundry Detergent~

I'm personally all about saving money. At our MOPS meeting this past year we had someone come in and discuss the earth and little things we can do to be a little more "green". So this was something I had been planning on doing... just wanted to finish using the detergent we had. We had made a sample in our MOPS meeting, and I tried it several times on my clothing & it worked really well actually! So this past week the kids and I made the detergent. Here is the receipe for others who may like to give it a try:

Equal parts of Fels Naptha soap, Borax, and Washing Soda. One bar of Fels Naptha is 1 cup. (So you will have three cups total) You can also make enough to last quite awhile, just use all of the Borax & all of the Washing Soda... You will need one bar of Fels Naptha per every time you dump more of the other two ingredients in... Did I make any sense just then??Use 2 tablespoons of the mixture for each load of clothes.

Hope you all enjoy it, we like it... It works for us and it is better for the environment & our family.
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment